Botswana Power Corporation offers a variety of online services, including fault reporting and account management.
Faults reporting has been made easier with online services. BPC operates a 24hr contact centre, which handles all customer fault reports. When power supply goes off customers may follow the guide lines below to ensure that it is not an internal fault:
Fault reporting guidelines
- When power goes off, make sure all electrical appliances are switched off.
- Check the Main switch or Circuit Breaker in your Distribution Board and make sure it is ON. Confirm with neighbor’s whether they are also affected or not.
- If only part of your installation, e.g. Lights or socket outlets are not working check your distribution board.
- Circuit breakers supplying the circuits may have tripped and should that be the case, ensure that all appliances connected to the circuit are switched off.
- Attempt to reset the breaker, if it remains ON switch all appliances ON that were in use one at a time, observing the effect on the supply.
- A faulty appliance will result in the supply tripping again. Remove the appliance and have it checked by a electrician . If the circuit trips out with all appliances switched off, call an electrician to attend the fault. take note that responsibility of internal faults lies with the customer.
Caution: Customers should not attempt to switch ON their supply, repair or modify nor permit a third party to work on the equipment under the jurisdiction of BPC.
Once the customer is satisfied that it is not an internal fault, click here to fill in the online fault report form and ensure all required fields/tabs are completed.