Email: [email protected]
Operating Hours: 0730hrs – 1245hrs and 1345hrs – 1630hrs week days only.
The responsibility of the DCEC is to investigate allegations of corruption and economic crime, educate the public on the effects of corruption and prevent corruption.
- Investigations Division
- Legal Service Division
- Anti-Money Laundering Unit
- Public Education Division
- Corruption Prevention Division
- Corporate Services Division
- The Division investigates allegations of corruption and economic crimes reported to the DCEC.
- It is also empowered to investigate any other offence disclosed during the course of investigation of corruption and economic crime.
Legal Service Division
- Responsible for providing general legal advice and support to the overall operations of the D.C.E.C. Such advice is provided as and when requested by other Divisions within the Directorate.
- The Division also liaises with the Investigation Division on a continuous bases in order to provide guidance and quality assurance in the prosecution led investigation process. This entails involvement and consultation between an investigator and a legal officer at every stage of the investigation.
Anti-Money Laundering Unit
Responsible for ensuring compliance with certain elements of money laundering and terrorist financing legislation through investigations.
Public Education Division
The Division educates the public on issues of corruption and solicits public support and involvement in the fight against corruption.
Corruption Prevention Division
- The Division identifies corruption opportunities in Government and Parastatal institutions by examining policies and procedures and recommend remedial measures.
- This is also done through effective enforcement of strategies and interventions within the operating processes and systems of public sector.
Corporate Services Division
The Division provides support services to the functions of the DCEC. It houses units such as Human Resources, Procurement and Supplies, Transport, Finance and Accounting, Records, Health and Safety, Reforms and general administrative services.